tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Damon C. Richardson" <damon.richard...@mercybeat.com>
Subject JServ->Tomcat... <SERVLET> -> <jsp:info >... Servlets in jars
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:54:17 GMT
I'm moving from JServ to Tomcat.
I have all my servlets in jar files.

I was using JSSI with JServ in order to use the <SERVLET
CODE=com.me.util.myServlet> Tag .

how do I do this with tomcat now?  ( let me first say that I have been
searching for this information for about a week.)

I can use the <jsp:include page=> tags for servlets that are not in
jars. but how do i use servlets in jars that are in the WEB-INF/classes dir?

is there something special in the web.xml file?

So how do i replace
<SERVLET CODE=com.me.misc.myServlet >   /* servlet in jar file */
    <param name="name1" value="value1">
    <param name="name2" value="value2">
</SERVLET>

These servlets also need to be able to get the url params.

Also when I switched my old Stand alone servlets( <jsp:include page= > )
to tomcat I noticed that I had to remove the out.close(); that was in
the servlet class file...  or tomcat would not be able to write the rest
of the jsp page.  This was not the behavior I observed on JServ and JRun.

Thanks for any help,
Damon