tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Malley <cmal...@pixelzoom.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.01 classloader problem? (Craig)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:36:40 GMT
Santosh on soap-users@xml.apache.org suggested I post here,
and ask for Craig.  So if Craig (or anyone else) is listening...
Help!!

I'm experiencing a problem with SOAP message-style services
when using Tomcat 4.01.  Santosh suggested that this may be a
classloader problem in Tomcat 4.01.

I have a very simple SOAP message-style service that demonstrates the
general problem.  This service echoes whatever is sent to it.  It works
fine with Tomcat 3.2.3, but is returning a "no signature match" fault
with Tomcat 4.01.

If I resort to removing
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/org/,
I can get this service to work.  But I don't understand why,
and it's clearly an unacceptable hack.

I've attached the following:
  details.txt    -- detailed problem description
  echomsg.tar.gz -- Java source, deployment descriptor, Makefile, fault
details

Any help in correcting/understanding this will be appreciated.
Sorry for the size of this post, but I'm trying to provide all
of the details necessary to resolve this.  Thanks,

-Chris

--
Chris Malley
PixelZoom, Inc.             Voice: +1.303.494.8849