tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Rochas <samuel.roc...@swipe.de>
Subject form authentication with IIS - j_security_check - error 405 - tomcat 3.2.3
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:30:58 GMT
Hello,

I have troubles using the form authentication for an application running
on the IIS (4.0) with tomcat 3.2.3.

The security example is running fine, that is because it is running
directly with tomcat and not through IIS first. The authentication
mechanism for my application running with the IIS brings an error 405
with the URL:
http://localhost/j_security_check

It seems the IIS does not recognize that it should pass the request to
the isapi_redirect.dll an tries to handle it itself, which brings the
error.

A workaround would be to set as URL for the login page something like:
<form-login-page>http://localhost:8080/login.jsp</form-login-page>
This would enforce the direct use of tomcat. I think it is quite tricky
an would prefer something cleaner here. Any hint?

Sincerly
Samuel Rochas
--
SWIPe Software Engineering & Project Management GmbH

Solutions with Individual Profile

Web: http://www.swipe.de