tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <>
Subject Re: Tomcat dies with Signal 11
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:11:54 GMT
Daren Desjardins wrote:

> We are running our webapp on Tomcat 3.2.2 and have been experiencing a
> Signal 11 Stack Overflow error occasionaly. It occured on two machines
> [...]
> Server Specs:
> - JVM Params:
>     -server -XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m -Xms512m -Xmx1792m
>     -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -verbose:gc
> Tomcat error:
> An irrecoverable stack overflow has occurred.
> Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0xeb0707f4

Sounds *sort of* like Java bug ,
although whether or not that's actually one bug or several bugs with similar
symptoms is anyone's guess.

Can you try running without -server?  Some people have reported that helps.

We had a similar error but it has not appeared in weeks... we stopped using
-server, but we also made a lot of other changes as well.  At the time that
we were getting that, we had deadlock & memory leak bugs as well.

Don't know if that helps you at all.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>