tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <>
Subject Re: AW: Java program interferring with Tomcat
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:04:52 GMT
David Frankson wrote:

>     Only Tomcat hangs, the other program continues on.  I thought a database
> deadlock only happens when both threads are trying to write and holding a
> lock on each other's data?  The external java process is read-only.

Hmm.  That's why I asked.  Sounds like maybe the db deadlock idea is not the
right track.

> How do you do a thread-dump on when you are running Tomcat as a service on
> Win2k?

Yikes!  Good question.  For testing, would it be difficult to run your Tomcat
from a command prompt instead?  On Unix you get the thread dump by sending a
signal to the JVM, which would be nice in this case... hmm...

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message