tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Oinn <...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: New tomcat user questions
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:16:45 GMT

Alec Bickerton wrote:

<snip>

> This indicates that the config file couldn't be found.
>
> QUESTION: Can  anyone suggest a reason as to why this is happening, even tho this works
under 3.2.3 ?
> QUESTION: What would I need  to do to make poolman.xml visible to all webapps ?

The most common reason we've found for this error is that tomcat4 is
much more picky about the ordering of elements within web.xml. This can
mean that it will quietly not set any of your servlet configuration - do
you have a parameter in the web.xml saying where to find your xml file
perhaps? Take a look in the catalina.out logfile, it would tell you
whether this is happening (you'll get complaints about an invalid
web.xml file)

To make a file visible to all webapps should just be a question of
telling the other webapps where on the file system the xml file is
located surely? If you're accessing through HTTP you could set up a
dummy context with access restricted to localhost that contains your
configuration files.

Hope this helps,

Tom Oinn