tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Adams <jad...@ucar.edu>
Subject Re: Why am I getting a Javascript file request instead of my servlet ?
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:24:56 GMT
As a test I have set the action of the form equal to alert(1) as well as
to a test JSP which prints the form parameters, both of these work
well.  However when the action is my form handler servlet that's when I
get the bad voodoo - it tells me that it can't find the .js file when I
submit, and it shows that it is looking for the file in the same
directory as where the servlet would be located.  Why it is looking for
the .js file instead of the servlet which is the specified action of the
form ?  All other form actions I've tried seem to work OK, but my
servlet has some Javascript monkey business happening with it that just
shouldn't be happening, but why is not obvious.

-James