tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Barnes <kbar...@iamx.com>
Subject Re: how to deploy default context
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:12:47 GMT
If you deploy your app in the root context and use mod_webapp aren't you
effectively going to be sending every request to Tomcat? f that's the
case you aren't going to be able to take advantage of Apache's ability to
serve static content. I recently had the same issue and ended up using
mod_jk instead of mod_webapp because it allows you to specify url
patterns to send to Tomcat and have Apache handle the static stuff (like
images).
Hope that helps
-kb