tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Gass <sg...@gass.com>
Subject Re: Delayed shutdown and restart
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:08:00 GMT
Bob Marcum wrote:

> I just got a better fix on the delay required for tomcat to refreash and
> come back up:  TWENTY MINUTES!!

It would be interesting to know how long it takes for all the threads to
shut down in your case. I found it helpful to wait 10 seconds or so
before restarting. It seems that everything shuts down by then, so I set
up an init script with a delayed restart. That said, I would also like
to have a better understanding of this.

I haven't experimented with the autoload feature, but Tomcat's manager
app works well for reloading webapps when making changes to servlets.
You still need to restart when adding a new servlet or making changes to
web.xml, however.

Steve