tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Bremford <tom...@big.faceless.org>
Subject ClassLoader woes in Tomcat 4.01
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:01:39 GMT
Hi all

I'm trying to load a resource from a JAR which I have placed in
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib, but I can't seem to be able to access it from Tomcat
4. Works fine from an Application or Tomcat 3.2

The symptoms are when I call
ClassLoader.getSystemResource("/path/to/myresource"), I get null. It is
definately there. The JAR isn't signed, there's no other unusual stuff
going on. I'm calling this from inside a Filter if it makes a
difference.

Any ideas? If it helps the URL returned when I try this from an
application is "jar:file:/home/mike/blah/myapp.jar!/path/to/myresource"

Cheers... Mike