tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ian Gordon <Ian.Gor...@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Subject Manager App in Tomcat 4.0.1 through mod_webapp
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:17:31 GMT

I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 and Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 8.
I am using mod_webapp (compiled from source) that was in the source
directory for Tomcat 4.0.

I can't get the manager app for tomcat 4 to work through apache with
mod_webapp?
Anyone got any ideas? Is it meant to work?

The Manager App works when accessed via tomcat directly. My other
WebAppDeploy lines work correctly. The http://webhost/tomcat/manager/
prompts me for BASIC auth which I provide and it works (the account has
the role of manager), it's just when I try to do something like
http://webhost/tomcat/manager/list that I get the java error message as
below (edited):

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance

root cause

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application

Ian Gordon,
Department of Computer and Information Sciences,
University of Strathclyde.
Tel: 0141 548 3592    Fax: 0141 552 5330