tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: Apache and Tomcat 4.0.1 on MacOSX 10.1
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:16:43 GMT wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get Tomcat working with Apache on MacOSX 10.1 using the
> warp connector.
> I downloaded and installed version 1.3.22 of Apache and 4.0.1 of Tomcat.
> I downloaded the webapp_module.
> When I check the configuration in apache, I get the following error
> dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
> _ap_ctx_get
> Side Note:
>   I tried to use the binary for apache and got an error about not
> finding the /usr/local/lib/libld.dyld
>   I looked on the complete filesystem for libld.dyld with no luck.

Haha... Someone 's building the HTTPD binaries NOT on a standard OS/X

>   So I compiled apache locally and it works fine without the webapp_module.

> Any information or thoughts as to why I cannot get the webapp_module
> working would be helpful.

> I was going to try to compile it locally,  but I couldn't find the
> source in the tomcat distribution.

Definitely weird since I have it up and running (well, I had it up and
running on my OS/X box before I had to bring it back to my old employer,
and I still didn't manage to finish to install my PowerBook G4 clean) :)

My OS/X /usr/local is (was) empty, so, that can't be the problem, I
believe, though, that I built it against the "default" installation of
Apache under OS/X, and that might be your problem...

You can recompile it yourself (I'm _sure_ it works on OS/X :) getting
the sources from

Those are nightly snapshots, so more recent code than the one included
in 4.0.1...

	Pier (loving OS/X)

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>