tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Richter <Sascha.Rich...@epost.de>
Subject Tomcat 4.01 can't load resource in a bean and throws MissingResourceException
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:25:29 GMT
I have first to mention, that the setup works under Tomcat 3.3 without a
problem.
But unter Tomcat 4.01 there is a problem, so describe my setup:

The "Context" is referenced by an absolute path to our website.
The JSP-files are loaded and run without a problem.
The beans, located under ../WEB-INF/classes/"package"/"bean".class are
loaded correctly.
Theses beans try to load ResourceBundles with
getBundle("package/resource"), but a
MissingResourceException is thrown.

I could load the resource with PropertyResourceBundle by a
FileInputStream when I specify an
absolute path, but this isn't what I wanted to do, because I run then in
the problem to
bootstrap the absolute path to the bean and to handle different
properties files for several languages
at my own.

It seems there is a problem with the classloader, but I don't know how
to solve it.

Thanks in advance,
Sascha