tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terence Jacyno <tjac...@galasoft.net>
Subject Default (/) mapping
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 01:54:20 GMT
Hi.

I too have been having some problems with the way Tomcat handles the
default mapping.  The servlet spec (version 2.2) seems to suggest that
such a path should map to a default servlet.  However, when calling
request.getPathInfo(), null is returned, which causes problems with
frameworks such as Struts.  A solution to this would be to change the
following line in the Tomcat 3.3 org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper1
class (org.apache.tomcat.request.SimpleMapper1 in Tomcat 3.2.3)
    pathI = null;
    pathI= (path.length() <= ctxPLen + 1) ? "" : path.substring( ctxPLen
+ 1, pathLen);

(line 444 in Tomcat 3.3, 414 in Tomcat 3.2.3).  This would make Tomcat
behave like WebLogic 6.0's interpretation.  If there are any developers
out there, please let me know what you think.  Thanks.