tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rakesh N" <rakesh.nara...@majoris.com>
Subject Help Requested
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 05:48:03 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.and this is on an NT4.0 machine.
My problem goes like this,

If no users are connected are accessing the site then the TomCat shuts down automatically.
This happens many times and I tried with Tomcat 3.1 too. Still the things remain the same.
I tried to put this one as a windows service and enabled the 'restart' option in the service.
But this also does'nt seem to work out fine.

My Qs goes like this,

1) does a similar case of situation ever reported.
2) is this a bug with Tomcat.
3) if this is a bug is there a patch available and where.
4) or is this some thing to do with NT and if so what can be done.
5) or is this a bug with JDK 1.3 as some one in the group commented.

The NT machine runs an apache also as the web server. This runs fine.

We are a s/w development cmpy and we have already made a up a site on Tomcat - Apache. Now
the client is complaining about this 'bug'. So the thing as such is very hot.
Immediate responses from your part will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Rakesh.