tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <shap...@mpi.com>
Subject Re: Location for applets?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:34:27 GMT
Hi,
The codebase depends on how you setup your server directories ;)
I can only comment on what I like to do personally, so adopt this
as you see fit.

I like to set up a directory under my docbase, /applets.  Inside
are just symlinks pointing to the class files that I put under
the respective webapps WEB-INF/classes directories.  For example,
applet1->../WEB-INF/classes/org.mycompany.applet1File

Then my applet tags are typically things like:

<APPLET
  NAME=applet1
  CODE='org.mycompany.Applet1'
  CODEBASE='http://myserver:myport/mywebapp/applets'