tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yoav Shapira <shap...@mpi.com>
Subject Re: Location for applets?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:09:40 GMT
Howdy,

> > Do you know were applets should be put in TOMCAT server?
> >

> Applet is the kind of web documents like .html.
> I think that you can put applets together with other static documents.

I would disagree with that ;)  The applets, per-se, are compiled
files (.class or maybe in a jar).  Furthermore, the applet must be
locatable by its fully-qualified class name, e.g. org.mycompany.foo.

Accordingly, I would put the applet (if .class) in the WEB-INF/classes
directory, and if it's in a JAR file I'd put it in the WEB-INF/lib
directory.  The usual stuff applies about if you need them visible to
other apps, put in tomcat/lib, etc.

Just my two cents ;)
Yoav