tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError with Blackdown JVM
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:40:24 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> I have just tried to install the Tomcat v4.0.1 RPM on my laptop
> (LinuxPPC, 192MB RAM) using the JVM from blackdown.org, however it
> refuses to start due to an OutOfMemoryError.

Let me ask this question a different way - what are the minimum values
for -Xms and -Xmx where Tomcat can reasonably be expected to work?

I have tried all sorts of values, both small and large, but Tomcat
refuses point blank to start. I am pretty desperate at this stage to
find an answer, as I have a looming deadline and a non-operational
development machine. I need to know whether I should be continuing
trying to get it to work on LinuxPPC, or whether I should ditch it and
find an Intel box.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon