tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Unternaehrer <>
Subject [TOMCAT] Conflicts between more daemons
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 10:02:33 GMT

We have an HP webserver running HP-UX 11.0, with 3 tomcat
distributions installed, for different projects.
One is v. 3.2.1, two are v. 3.2.3.

I configured all server.xml files with different ports
(8080, 8081, 8082) and started the daemons, and all _seems_
to works fine. All tomcats runs with the same JAVA_HOME but
different TOMCAT_HOME .

Unfortunately, when 2nd and 3rd tomcat starts, we receive
following output: Address already in use

I saw something related to this in the mailinglist archive,
but didn't find a solution.
Moreover, all 3 tomcat distributions create work dirs with
name starting with "localhost_8080".

It arrives that when we kill just one tomcat, others tomcat
are also killed or doesn't respond anymore.

Is there a way to solve this conflicts? Thank you for any hints.
Best regards,
 Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the
 rest of the week debugging the Monday's code.          -- Dan Salmon
*** HP9000 L2000-36/A500-44 ** HP-UX 11.0 U 64bits ** Oracle 7.3.4 ***
Stefano Unternaehrer                    Informatico Sbt - DBA/SysAdmin
Sistema bibliotecario ticinese     c/o Biblioteca Cantonale Bellinzona
Viale Stefano Franscini 30a        6501 Bellinzona  Ticino Switzerland
voice +41 (0)91 814 15 13                    paper +41 (0)91 814 15 09      homepage:

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message