tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Brunton <brun...@dweeb.turner.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache1.3 & Tomcat 4.0.1
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:22:40 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Marko Sarunac at marko@sarunac.com wrote:
>
> > What i need to figure out is the WebAppDeploy line.
> > I notice that it by default points to the webapps folder under tomcat
> > how can i specify my war file in here?
>
> WebAppDeploy /home/username/www/mywebsite.com.war conn /

  Pulled the nightly from last night and got it to build on my Solaris
x86 box and actually work with Apache. That's cool.
  Now though my question is about the above WebAppDeploy. If just '/' is
mapped does that mean all requests will pass through the mod_webapp
connector? I'm trying to get it setup so that just a {host}/servlet will
actually invoke the servlets. If I attempt something like :

WebAppDeploy /www/foo/java/servlet conn /servlet

where /www/foo is document-root and having to create a WEB-INF symlink
to that directory from inside of it, in order to actually have the
servlet fire the request is {host}/servlet/servlet/HelloWorld, which
looks like kind of silly. So, just a "conn /" would probably work, but I
don't need all the overhead of dealing with a module if it's not
necessary for each request. And does the mod_webapp work with JSP's or
is it back to the mod_jk world for that stuff?

--
Steve Brunton   <brunton@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-827-2756
Chief Engineer Enterprise Systems    One CNN Center, Atlanta GA