tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Brunton <brun...@dweeb.turner.com>
Subject Re: receiving requests from remote apache server
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:27:17 GMT
Peter Matulis wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I have always put Apache and Tomcat on the same machine.  Now, I want to
> have them live on separate systems.  So my question is, when Apache receives
> a request, via mod_jk, how do I direct it to my remote Tomcat server(s)?

 I would assume that you would change the :

worker.ajp13.host=localhost

from localhost to the remote machine that is now running tomcat in the
workers.properties file that is specfied when you setup mod_jk in the
Apache
config side of things (JkWorkersFile
/opt/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties
).

--
Steve Brunton   <brunton@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-827-2756
Chief Engineer Enterprise Systems    One CNN Center, Atlanta GA