tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miklancic, Daniel J" <mikla...@bp.com>
Subject RE: Default file locations for .properties file
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:12:53 GMT
Roger,

Calling PropertyLoader.load("/myprops.properties"); returns the property
file which is stored in WEB-INF/classes.  This would  meet your objective of
having each context have its properties file stored separate from the others
-- the name is relative to the context.

The class I commonly use to read properties files follows:

public class PropertyLoader
{

	private PropertyLoader() { } // Prevent public construction

  /**
   * Loads the property file specified.
   * @param propertyFilename the name of a property file.
   * @returns a Properties objects with the contents of the specified
property
   * file, or null if the file does not exists or cannot be located.
   * @throws IOException if an error occurs in locating or reading the
property
   * file.
   */
  public static Properties load(String propertyFilename)
  {
    Properties props = null;
    try {
	InputStream is =
PropertyLoader.class.getResourceAsStream(propertyFilename);
	if (is != null)
	{
	  props = new Properties();
	  props.load( is );