tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miklancic, Daniel J" <mikla...@bp.com>
Subject RE: executing
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:46:59 GMT
I assume you are working in a Windows environment.

Try reinstalling the jdk.  The install program sets the registry keys
properly.  I often encounter similar problems when products install their
"own" jdk and redirect registry pointers.  A quick jdk reinstall has solved
this for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keren Meital [mailto:kmeital@mediaone.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 9:30 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: executing

I just installed tomcat 4.0. It is compiling fine, but when I execute
the following message appears:

Error opening registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

I have been compiling and executing java programs through JCreator
successfully. How come JCreator finds the necessary files and tomcat
doesn't?
Do you know how to fix this?