tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McDowell, Mark" <McD...@ncs.com>
Subject RE: admin pages.
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:16:49 GMT
By the way, I am using Tomcat 3.2.3, downloaded as part of the install
for JBoss...  Does that change anything?

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 12:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: admin pages.

For Tomcat 4 stand-alone, the relevant documentation is the "Manager App
HOW-TO" that is included in the Tomcat 4 documentation, and is also
available online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/manager-howto.html

It tells you that the username and password are totally arbitrary, but the
role name Tomcat is looking for is "manager".

If you are using Tomcat stand-alone with no changes, you need to define
one or more users with this role in the XML file that Tomcat uses
(conf/tomcat-users.xml).  However, if you have modified the place where
Tomcat looks up users (I don't use the JBoss integration, so I have no
clue what they tell you to do), then you'll need to define a user with the
appropriate role *there* rather than here.

Craig

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, McDowell, Mark wrote:

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:45:17 -0600
> From: "McDowell, Mark" <McDoMa@ncs.com>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: admin pages.
>
> I have tried manager, tomcat, tomcat_manager and none seem to work.  And
> yes, I did restart the server... :)  Any other ideas?  If there is an
> area of the documentation which covers this, I'd be GLAD to look at it...
> I just didn't find it so far...
>
> Mark

Except...