tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Hudak <>
Subject RE: beginner questions (fwd)
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:24:47 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin L. May []
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 12:19 PM
Subject: beginner questions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:17:40 -0500 (EST)
From: Benjamin L. May <>
Subject: beginner questions

	Hey guys, I am a newbie tomcat user, and I am having trouble being
able to view anything thru tomcat at all. Let me start with what I have
already done successfullly.

	I followed the instructions in the developer manual that came with
the tomcat distribution, and I ended up with a development folder much
like the example one:

	The build.xml file I stole from the
webapps\tomcat-docs\appdev\sample folder and it seems to be compiling all
my classes and not generating any erros. After I do "ant deploy," a new
folder is created in webapps called "reports" and this folder contains all
my html files from the web folder above plus the web-inf folder with
my compiled servlet.

	According to the docs, I shouldn't have to add any entries in
server.xml in order to deploy. So if, at this point, my application is
deployed, how do I view the index.html file?

	I've tried http://localhost/reports/index.html to no avail. I even
rewrote to simply redirect the user to the index page,
and tried to do http://localhost/reports/login and
http://localhost/login (my web.xml file in my project's web-inf maps to /login, almost identically to the web.xml file in
webapps/tomcat-docs/appdev/sample/web/WEB-INF, in fact I copied it and
changed the values).

	I cannot seem to get any of my pages to load. What am I doing
wrong!?!?! Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

To unsubscribe:   <>