tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wineman, Corey J." <Corey.Wine...@anser.org>
Subject JSP or XML syntax in Tomcat
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:40:06 GMT
Hello,

When I use the sessionTest.jsp script appended below, the xml format
"<jsp:scriptlet>" tags are being ignored and the resulting page prints
the contents of the scriptlet instead of "<h3>New Session</h3>" as I
expected. When I use the traditional  "<% javacode %>"  format to enter
scriptlet code, the page works as expected.

I thought you could use traditional JSP syntax or XML syntax in Tomcat.
As long as you don't mix and match. Am I screwing up the syntax??

-Corey

<jsp:directive.page session="true"/>

<head>
<title>Wineman JSP Page</title>
</head>

<h1>Static content</h1>

<jsp:scriptlet>
    if( session.isNew() )
    {
        out.println( "<h3>New Session</h3>" );
    }
</jsp:scriptlet>

Here's the result page I get for the sessionTest.jsp page from above:

Static content
if( session.isNew() ) { out.println( "
New Session
" ); }