tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wineman, Corey J." <>
Subject JSP or XML syntax in Tomcat
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 22:40:06 GMT

When I use the sessionTest.jsp script appended below, the xml format
"<jsp:scriptlet>" tags are being ignored and the resulting page prints
the contents of the scriptlet instead of "<h3>New Session</h3>" as I
expected. When I use the traditional  "<% javacode %>"  format to enter
scriptlet code, the page works as expected.

I thought you could use traditional JSP syntax or XML syntax in Tomcat.
As long as you don't mix and match. Am I screwing up the syntax??

< session="true"/>

<title>Wineman JSP Page</title>

<h1>Static content</h1>

    if( session.isNew() )
        out.println( "<h3>New Session</h3>" );

Here's the result page I get for the sessionTest.jsp page from above:

Static content
if( session.isNew() ) { out.println( "
New Session
" ); }