tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: No Documentation On Connecting Tomcat4 to Apache
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:36:24 GMT
You have actually to connectors to do it :

mod_webapp which is a new one. The configuration is simplified but it
doesn't seem to be stable for a production release (It's what I can read on
the mailing list).
You can find the documentation here :http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/

mod_jk the old one. Actually the documentation for mod_jk with TC 4.0
doesn't exist. The configuration is the same with TC3.3 and TC4.0 (In a
major part).
You can see doc about TC 3.3 and mod_jk here :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/Tomcat-Workers-HowTo.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-apache-howto.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html

You can also read my previous mail :
RE: running two tomcat servers

The most important difference between mod_jk with TC 3 and TC 4 is that TC
4 doesn't generate the apache configuration file and doesn't provide the
workers.properties example file.
I attached an example of these 2 files with this previous mail.

arno