tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Fung <wingk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jakarta-Tomcat 4.01 startup problem
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:23:55 GMT
To who it may concern,

I have installed jakarta-tomcat 4.01 RPM on My Redhat Linux 7.0.
However, there is no *.sh files as described in Tomcat documentation,
so I download the ZIP version and extract *.sh files and additional
/webapps for startup. I found even I have setup environment variables
such as JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME, they seems to have no effect on
startup.sh when it want to search the path as described in the file. At
the end I add the variables settings manually in the startup.sh file.
When everything is ok( JDK1.3.1 also been installed), I typed:
	$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh
and there is only a message of memory allocation error left, then
nothing else...
The only successful way is that:
	$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh debug
	>run
I can find the index page in URL: http://localhost:8180
Is there any problem with the startup.sh file?
How can I use it as a daemon?

Look forward to your message!
Best regards!

Kenneth