tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: running two tomcat servers
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:40:06 GMT
you should define in the workers.properties one worker for each tomcat server.
by default there are 2 workers (ajp12, ajp13).
You must define for exemple ajp13_server1 and ajp13_server2 helping you with the ajp13 definition
example.

worker.list=ajp12, ajp13, ajp13_server1, ajp13_server2

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13_server1 and of type ajp13_server1
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.ajp13_server1.port="port server 1"
worker.ajp13_server1.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_server1.type=ajp13_server1
#
# Specifies the load balance factor when used with
# a load balancing worker.
# Note:
#  ----> lbfactor must be > 0
#  ----> Low lbfactor means less work done by the worker.
worker.ajp13_server1.lbfactor=1

#
# Specify the size of the open connection cache.
#worker.ajp13_server1.cachesize

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13_server2 and of type ajp13_server2
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#
worker.ajp13_server2.port="port server 2"
worker.ajp13_server2.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_server2.type=ajp13_server2
#
# Specifies the load balance factor when used with
# a load balancing worker.
# Note:
#  ----> lbfactor must be > 0
#  ----> Low lbfactor means less work done by the worker.
worker.ajp13_server2.lbfactor=1

#
# Specify the size of the open connection cache.
#worker.ajp13_server2.cachesize

then in your mod_jk.conf file you must use the appropriate worker with each web app using
 somethng like that :
JkMount /path/servlet/* ajp13_server1
JkMount /path/*.jsp ajp13_server1
JkMount /path/servlet/* ajp13_server2