tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aditya Sharma" <aditya.sha...@goecon.net>
Subject Configuring tomcat to serve static content
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:55:37 GMT
Hi,

We have an installation of Tomcat 3.3 on Windows 2000, and are using Tomcat to serve our static
content (as a web-server).

I have issues with serving binary documents (word and excel files).  The files are viewed
correctly (by the respective plug-ins) in Internet Explorer, but Netscape displays garbled
information in the browser.  I use the standard "<a href="../docs/name_of_file.doc">
File </a>" html comand to provide a link to the file.

I am curious to find out what do I need to do to resolve this issue.

Should I use Apache as the web-server, instead of Tomcat?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Aditya Sharma

aditya.sharma@goecon.net