tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: the classloader doesn't like XML in TC 3.2.3 and TC 4.0
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:23:33 GMT

In fact it's only a solution with Tomcat 4.0 and not with Tomcat 4.01.
I just upgraded my release to 4.01 and now Tomcat uses Xerces with Jasper so my problem with
the conflict is resolved.

Just for information :

crimson : http://xml.apache.org/crimson/index.html
jasper is build on tomcat

> 2 - It seems that jasper in tomcat 4.0.1 is using xerces.jar instead of
> crimson.jar , am I right ?

yes. I didn't know

> 3 - I hope somebody in this beautiful world will sometime write an article
> or book on "conflicting issues between xml parsers when using tomcat".  Just
> kidding.

oh my god, help us ;-)