tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allan Kamau <hugebirdwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux (RH 7.2)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:12:11 GMT
Hi John and Valerie,
Tomcat4.0.1 like the Tomcat distributions before it
comes with startup.sh and other executable script
files as standard.
This files are stored under the $CATALINA_HOME/bin
directory.
Incase you get problems running startup.sh, you should
first set the $CATALINA_HOME varible in you linux
startup scripts (I use the '/etc/profile' file) also
you will need to set the $JAVA_HOME environmental
variable which you can do in the same file. If you are
unsure how to do this open the '/etc/profile' file and
see how the other environmental variables are been
declared and assigned values.
You may then need to logoff and logon just to have the
'/etc/profile' file executed.Then at the command
prompt just type #$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh &
to stop #$CATALINA_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh &
Incase of difficulties refer to the documents included
in the distribution.

Allan Kamau.
1712hrs November 21, 2001
Nairobi Kenya.