tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: general questions
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:29:35 GMT
Hi Prashant,

There is some indication in the source code that this
is intended to be configurable but I failed to find
any information on how to do it.

---

If you have compiled Tomcat from source then you could
have a look at JspParseEventListener.java and replace
JakartaCommentGenerator with an alternative
implementation of CommentGenerator.java.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/jasper/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JspParseEventListener.java?rev=1.35&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

This is the method indicating configurablity

    public static void
setCommentGenerator(CommentGenerator generator) {
	if ( null == commentGenerator) {
	    throw new IllegalArgumentException("null ==
generator");
	}

	commentGenerator = generator;
    }

 --- "D'Souza, Prashant" <Prashant@emcureinfotech.com>
wrote: > hi Friends

> just wanted to know if .java files generated after
> compiling a jsp can
> be free of comment's like follows as it makes the
> code difficult to read
> // end
> // HTML // begin [file="C:\\prashanth\\5th

presention\\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\\webapps\\examples\\test\\bean.jsp";from=