tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange problem on Tomcat 3.3
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:40:52 GMT
You should read the docs that are included with the release.  Both 3.3 and
4.0 versions of Tomcat totally ignore the CLASSPATH environment variable
you might have specified (because it causes nothing but grief).  If you
want your classes to be visible to all webapps, put your JAR file in the
"lib" directory.

Craig McClanahan

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, KL OOI wrote:

> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:26:06 +0800
> From: KL OOI <ooiklnews@yahoo.com>
> To: TOMCAT-USER <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Strange problem on Tomcat 3.3
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have put my JAR file in the SYSTEM CLASSPATH, but Tomcat still unable to find the CLASS.
(Windows 2000 + JDK 1.3)