tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kukulies <k...@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject apache from Oracle gets in the way
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:50:31 GMT
This is not 100% tomcat on topic but maybe some in this list
can share my experience:

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 under Windows 2000 on my notebook computer
and also installe apache 1.3.17 (oracle's httpd is apache 1.3.12)

Now it seems that although I removed apache 1.3.12 from by invoking
it with the -u option from the \oracle\ora81\apache\apache
it looks like some magic in oracle installs the service and starts it again
on startup.

This is getting in the way with my tomcat/apache experimenting.

ANy clues how one can get rid of the ORacle apache (and maybe still
later be able to use apache with Oracle)?