tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "null device" <devn...@stcath.org>
Subject repost mod_jk with ip-based virtual host
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
hi.
i'm having tons of trouble getting apache 1.3.20 +
tomcat 4.0.1 + mod_jk (1.1?) to work together on redhat
7.2 using an ip address for both servername and virtual host.
apache seems fine alone. also, tomcat stand-alone seems fine.

we have a cable modem plugged into a router with 4 ports.
our isp assigns an ip address dynamically, but it has been
the same, a.b.c.d, since day one.

we don't have a domain name. so, my idea was to have
http://a.b.c.d:5476/ handled by apache and
http://a.b.c.d:5475/ handled by tomcat.

i know it's kinda weird, but i have gotten a similar scheme to
work in a different intranet setting that also lacks dns.
specifically, apache listening on 192.168.1.101:80
and mod_jk/tomcat on virtual host 192.168.1.101:5475.
so, i guess this could just be confusion about how the router handles a.b.c.d:x, but dunno.

in httpd.conf:
ServerName a.b.c.d
Port 5476 # bcz isp blocks 80 on acount of code red or whatever
Listen 5475
Listen 5476
Include /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf
in mod_jk.conf
<VirtualHost a.b.c.d:5475>
ServerName a.b.c.d # tried a.b.c.d:5475; didn't help
DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
# i like to group config stuff like this
Include /etc/httpd/conf/apps/tomcat-dist.conf
</VirtualHost>
in tomcat-dist.conf, config stuff for examples, etc,
in tomcat distribution:
Alias /examples "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples"
<Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
     AllowOverride None
     allow from all
</Location>
<Location "/examples/META-INF/">
     AllowOverride None
     deny from all
</Location>
in server.xml tomcat-apache service:
<Host name="a.b.c.d" appBase="webapps">.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.