tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Owain Lewis <owainle...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat as a service
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:28:05 GMT
I am a relativley new Tomcat user, and have been
charged with the task of setting up Tomcat 3.2 to run
as a service on a Windows2000 server.

I've read lots of the documentation relating to this
and have had some success setting it up. I have
managed to create tomcat as a service which starts
automatically.
However the system we are running requires Java1.3.1
which causes an error with the program I used to set
up the service. The result being that the service
terminates when the current user logs out of the
server.

I'm struggling to find any other way of configuring
the system to work and would appreciate any
advice/experiences others have had with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Owain Lewis