tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christos Karras" <ckar...@capella.org>
Subject configuring JNDI resources in web.xml
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:55:07 GMT
According to the Tomcat JNDI Resources HOWTO, if I want to use a JDBC connection pool, I need
to add settings both in server.xml and
WEB-INF/web.xml. Would it be possible to configure it entirely in web.xml?

I would like to have something equivalent to the following example, but that would be stored
in web.xml. That way my configuration would be independant of the servlet container, and it
would make team development easier (where each developper has his own tomcat server) :
  <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeDB" auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EmployeeDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>user</name>
      <value>dbusername</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value>dbpassword</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>driverClassName</name>
      <value>org.hsql.jdbcDriver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>driverName</name>
      <value>jdbc:HypersonicSQL:database</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

Is it possible?