tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: session using URLrewriting
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:59:42 GMT

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Raphael Mack wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:53:23 +0100
> From: Raphael Mack <raphael.mack@rampro.de>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: session using URLrewriting
>
> Thanks, but that doesn't help. No cookies are sent, when I add this but
> the URL isn't rewritten.

Rewriting URLs is the *application's* responsibility, not the container.
Tomcat doesn't even look at the bytes in the response.

For example, if you're using JSP, you might write something like this to
create a hyperlink that includes a rewritten URL:

If cookies are in use, the URL will be left alone -- if not, it will be
rewritten.

> Rapha

Craig