tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Lifecycle error
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:21:26 GMT
Hi Praveen,

I looked through the source of WebappClassLoader.java
and this error message appears in two methods, one of
which loads a class and the another which loads a
local resource. The error occurs when the
WebappClassLoader is not 'started' and one of these
methods is invoked.

This is the method which starts the WebappClassLoader:

    /**
     * Start the class loader.
     *
     * @exception LifecycleException if a lifecycle
error occurs
     */
    public void start() throws LifecycleException {

        if (securityManager != null)

securityManager.checkPermission(allPermission);

        started = true;

    }

>From that it looks as if a SecurityManager violation
could stop the WebappClassLoader from starting. Do you
have any special security set up?

-Janek
------

WebappClassLoader.java: