tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bto...@fly.ists.dartmouth.edu
Subject TC 4.0.1: classes being cached - requires restart to update
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:13:26 GMT
I am using Tomcat in it's standalone mode.

I am doing work on a class that is being imported by a jsp. I have not found no
reliable way to not have tomcat hold the contents of the class in memory. I am
forced to restart to get tomcat to show the changes which is a big drag on a
debug cycle.

I have the following server.xml config flags for the context:

debug="0"
reloadable="true"
cachingAllowed="false"

despite this, changes made to an imported class never show up unless I stop and
start tomcat standalone. I have tried deleteing the class file for the imported
class file -- interestingly, it gets recompiled but the new version is not the
one i see in use unless i restart. I have also tried trashing both the jsp
servlet class file and the class file and various combinations, nothing
regarding the imported class seems to be effected by messing with the files.

is there a config I am missing? a bug? short of this, is there a simpler/faster
workaround than restarting tomcat?

thanks,
brett tofel