tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: How to get a reply on this list?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:38:45 GMT

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Kemp Randy-W18971 wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:13:03 -0600
> From: Kemp Randy-W18971 <Randy.L.Kemp@motorola.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: RE: How to get a reply on this list?
>
> There could be many reasons, but a couple come to mind:
>   1.  People may not know the answer.

This is the primary reason when I don't answer a question -- anything
related to web connectors, for example, is going to have to be answered by
someone else because I never use them.  Likewise for 3.x-specific
configuration questions and problems (since I focus on 4.x).  But it would
be impolite for me to pollute the list with "sorry, I don't know"

>   2.  Perhaps not enough information was given to solve the problem: (stack
> track, JDK used, operating system, error log output, etc.).

The more details the better is always a useful rule.

Craig