tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dr. Evil" <dre...@sidereal.kz>
Subject Re: Filters and ServletContext
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 02:18:46 GMT

Thanks Craig.  That's just what I needed to know.  Filters are an
awesome way of doing a lot of things.  Basically, what I will do is
have a big store of objects in a hashmap in the ServletContext.  When
a request comes in, a filter will pull the appropriate object from the
hashmap and puts it in the HttpServletRequest object before passing it
on.  This is excellent.  Now I have to make sure that I fully
understand all the thread issues associated with using a HashMap for
this so that I don't get a corrupted HashMap.

Thanks!