tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Classloader question: (WAS: How to send email)
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:51:26 GMT

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Marx, Mitchell E (Mitch), ALSVC wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:59:29 -0500
> From: "Marx, Mitchell E (Mitch), ALSVC" <mmarx@att.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Classloader question: (WAS: How to send email)
>

> Speaking of classloaders, why is the directory where the VM starts added to
> the classpath?  I use a customized, strict SecurityManager and it shows
> Tomcat trying to access files outside the areas listed in the URL below and
> the CLASSPATH I specify.

Which version of Tomcat are you using?  I don't see where this happens on
any version of the 4.x tree -- the only things that catalina.sh puts on
the classpath for me are bootstrap.jar and tools.jar.

Have you also verified that it's actually Tomcat trying to do the outside
references?  Walking your way up the stack trace is a good way to figure
that out.  If so, a bug report (prefereably with a reproducible test case)
would be appreciated:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

> Mitchell Evan Marx        mmarx@att.com
> AT&T IP Network Configuration & Provisioning Development

Craig