tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to send email
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 00:46:19 GMT
The Class Loader HOW-TO details the various
classloaders available in Tomcat 4.0

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

 --- Siomara Pantarotto <hisiomara@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If I am not wrong... I think TC4 ignores the class
> path.
> Try to put the jar files inside jdk1.3.1\jre\lib\ext
>
> Here I use 3 jar files: mail.jar,activation.jar and
> smtp.jar
>
> CAn someone help in this question and confirm if TC4
> ignores the
> classpath???? Thanks
>
> Siomara
>

> >From: "Barry White" <barrywhite@charter.net>
> >To: "Tomcat Users List"
> <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> >Subject: Re: How to send email
> >Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:35:49 -0500
> >
> >I was able to get A SendMail example working
> correctly.   I installed
> >JavaMail, JAF, and placed mail.jar and
> activation.jar in the /lib directory
> >of Tomcat.  I then added javamail.jar and jaf.jar
> to my CLASSPATH.   Next I
> >used a sample JSP page (tutorial) that I found on
> the net to send a email,
> >which worked great.  Everything is great... yes?
> NO  :(
> >
> >The sendmail example that comes with Tomcat still
> doesn't work.  I get the
> >same error messages... nothing has changed.
> >Is this example just broken somewhere in the config
> files?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Barry

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:1145)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:1264)

=== message truncated ===