tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Scheduled Task in Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:59:08 GMT
I'm having a hard time understanding why you have implemented the logic
for this as a JSP page.  IMHO, batch jobs like this should be implemented
as batch-invoked application programs, using the standard support
provided by your operating system.  The set of tasks you describe has
nothing at all to do with HTTP, and implementing them as JSP pages does
not make much sense.

Craig