tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sending Email
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 18:36:57 GMT
Hi Bernhard,

Tomcat 4.0 integrates mail functionality via JNDI.
Have a look at this URL, about 1/3 of the way down
you'll find a section entitled 'JavaMail Sessions'.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

"In many web applications, sending electronic mail
messages is a required part of the system's
functionality. The Java Mail API makes this process
relatively straightforward, but requires many
configuration details that the client application must
be aware of (including the name of the SMTP host to be
used for message sending).

Tomcat 4 includes a standard resource factory that
will create javax.mail.Session session instances for
you, already connected to the SMTP server that is
configured in server.xml. In this way, the application
is totally insulated from changes in the email server
configuration environment - it simply asks for, and
receives, a preconfigured session whenever needed."

 --- Bernhard Stoeger <Bernhard@aib.uni-linz.ac.at>
wrote: > Dear user community,