tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jens Askengren>
Subject Performance problems on larg pages with taglibs and includes
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:39:46 GMT

We're developing a larg databasepowered site using a mixture of
jsp, taglibs and includes. Everything works just fine in jrun,
but in tomcat it's extremely slow:

These timings show the output of "time curl -s -o /dev/null
accessing precompiled JSPs.

Using Tomcat:

real    0m12.705s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.020s

Using JRun:

real    0m0.053s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.010s

I highly suspect Tomcats taglib-implementation in combination
with the include-directive causing the problem. With the
"right" combination of includes and tags I've seen Tomcat
stuck in an endless loop, consuming all memory and crash.

Unfortunately I can't provide much more information, since
this is a closed-source project, but I would appreciate
any hints on where I should try to find the source
of the problem.

Jens Askengren

Teknik i Media Sverige AB (publ)
Address: Södra förstadsgatan 2, SE-211 34 Malmö, Sweden
Tel: +46 40 601 57 00 (vx)
Mobile: +46 704 20 57 17
Fax: +46 40 601 57 99

DISCLAIMER: "The information contained in this email and any attachment
confidential. It is intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are
not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other than
the intended addressee(s)."

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>