tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pradeep Sethi <pra_se...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Help with Tomcat
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:55:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

I need help on how to maintain the beans, jsp pages,
html pages and other stuff related to an application
in Tomcat 4.0 beta 7. I have tried what's given in the
documentation. But it gives the following error:

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 63 in the jsp file:
/jsp/colors/colrs.jsp

Generated servlet error:
E:\Tomcat\work\localhost\examples\jsp\colors\_0002fjsp_0002fcolors_0002fcolrs_jsp.java:70:
Wrong number of arguments in constructor.
throw new ServletException (" Cannot create bean of
class "+"colors.ColorGameBean", exc);
^
1 error

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:284)

All the things are correct I am passing the right no.
of parameters to the constructor but still these
errrors are coming up. Sometimes it says unable to
instatntiate a class/bean.

Please tell me how to organize all the source files
and other resources under Tomcat. I have quite a few
beans, html and JSP pages ready but because of being
not able to organize the things properly I am having
problems testing the developed components. Any help is
welcome.

email: pra_sethi@yahoo.co.in

Pradeep.