tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <jane...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Included (<jsp:include .../> JSP not being recompiled
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 18:04:29 GMT
 --- Sriram Narayanan <sriramx_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Modifying the JSP which includes the other JSP
with
> The changed included jsp will be noticed only when
> the main JSP has to be recompiled.
> -> when the main.jsp is changed

<jsp:include page="not-getting-recompiled.jsp" /> does
not cause 'not-getting-recompiled.jsp' to get
recompiled.

I retested this under Tomcat 4.0.

	1. Modifying the included JSP does not cause it to be
recompiled.

	2. Modifying the JSP which includes the
non-recompiling JSP does not cause the non-recompiling
JSP to recompile.

I would categorise this as a non-useful feature. Does
the JSP spec have any to say on the conditions under
which a JSP should be recompiled.

Janek